This Privacy Notice explains how we collect and use personal information. Personal Information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person. We collect personal information at the point of initial contact whether it is by telephone or face to face through our normal business activities, both online and offline. This includes, for example, when you place orders or purchase products or services, enter into agreements or communicate with us, or visit and use our websites. We also receive personal information from our customers in order to perform services on their behalf.
2. Categories of Personal Information:
Personal information that we may collect and process includes:
• Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, job title, age and prefix, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, email address or other addresses that allow us to send you messages,.
• Relationship Information that helps us do business with you, such as the types of products and services that may interest you, contact and product preferences, languages, creditworthiness, marketing preferences and demographic data.
• Transactional information about how you interact with us, including purchases, inquiries, customer account information, order and contract information, delivery details, billing and financial data, details for taxes, transaction and correspondence history.
3. Legal bases for Processing:
• The performance of a contract with our customers and suppliers.
• The legitimate interests of D Sparrow Plumbing and Heating services, which are our usual business activities.
4. Purposes of Processing:
• Fulfilling your orders for products or services and related activities, such as product and service delivery, customer service, account and billing management, support and training, product update and safety related notices, and to provide other services related to your purchase.
• Managing our contractual obligations and your on-going relationship with us, including interacting with you, analysing and improving the products and services we offer, informing you about our products or services, as well as special offers and promotions.
• Protecting us against fraud.
• Managing our everyday business needs, such as payment processing and financial account management, contract management, fulfilment, corporate governance, audit, reporting and legal compliance.
5. Recipients of Personal Information:
• Third Parties: We may use third parties to provide or perform services and functions on our behalf. We may make personal information available to these third parties, to perform these services and functions. Any processing of that personal information will be on our instructions and compatible with the original purposes.
• As Required by Law: We may also make personal information concerning individuals available to public or judicial authorities, law enforcement personnel and agencies as required by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, and including to agencies and courts in the countries where we operate. Where permitted by law, we may also disclose such information to third parties (including legal counsel) when necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or to otherwise enforce our rights, protect our property or the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external audit, compliance and corporate governance functions.
• Mergers & Acquisitions: Personal information may be transferred to a party acquiring all or part of the equity or assets of D Sparrow Plumbing and Heating Services, or in the event of a sale, merger, liquidation, dissolution, or other.
6. International Transfers:
• Your personal information will not be disclosed to any countries outside Great Britain and Ireland (including ROI) .
• We will retain your personal information as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
8. Protection of Personal Information:
• Security measures for protecting personal information: We apply appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures that are reasonably designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, and against other unlawful forms of processing. Access to personal information is restricted to authorized recipients on a need-to know basis. We maintain a comprehensive information security program that is proportionate to the risks associated with the processing. The program is continuously adapted to mitigate operational risks and to protect personal information, taking into account industry-accepted practices. We will also use enhanced security measures when processing any sensitive personal information.
• How we protect personal information we process on behalf of our customers (as Data Processor): In some instances, we process personal information on behalf of our customers as a service (in a data processor capacity). We collect and process this personal information only as instructed by our customer and will not use or disclose it for our own purposes. We maintain information security controls to protect your information and will only disclose or transfer the personal information as instructed by the customer or to provide the requested service. Unless otherwise instructed by the customer, we treat the personal information we process on behalf of our customers in line with our commitments on disclosure and transfer as set forth in this notice.
9. Your Rights:
• You may request to access, rectify, or update your inaccurate or out-of-date personal information by contacting our company by email at email@example.com. To the extent of applicable law, you may have the right to request erasure of your personal information, restriction of processing as it applies to you, object to processing and the right to data portability. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
10. Consent and Withdrawal of Consent:
• By providing personal information to us, you understand and agree to the collection, processing, international transfer and use of such information as set forth in this Privacy Notice. Where required by applicable law we will ask your explicit consent. You may always object to the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or withdraw any consent previously granted for a specific purpose, free of charge by contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
11. How to contact us:
• If you would like to communicate with us regarding privacy issues or have questions, comments or complaints, please contact our office either in writing to; D Sparrow Plumbing and Heating Services, 41 Duke Street, St Helens, Merseyside, WA10 2JE, or email to email@example.com .
• In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, D Sparrow Plumbing and Heating Services commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information.
12. Modifications to our Privacy Notice:
• We reserve the right to change, modify, and update this Privacy Notice at any time. Please check periodically to ensure that you have reviewed the most current notice.
This Privacy statement is effective as of: 1st May 2018